Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A smile goes a long way...

Today has been....ok. I was running a little late to school and I had to take a test.. I was a little stressed on the way home trying to make time to get home and take Bob (the dog that we're dogsitting) out to pee before I had to go to work. I was trying to drive fast, but not too fast and just getting caught up in all my road rage. When I got stopped at a light I was a little frustrated because it was slowing me down!!! I looked to my left and there was this cute old man with his yellow bike and yellow helmet crossing the street in the cross-walk. I looked where I had stopped and noticed I was way over the line, so I put my car in reverse and backed up so he could cross without having to get into the flow of traffic. He smiled this huge smile and waved at me thanking me for doing that. For some reason, I just forgot about everything that was happening and smiled and waved back at him. Then when the light turned green I went on my way and passed him going down the road, he saw my car and waved at me again with a big smile on his face! What a nice guy! I don't know if he knows it, but he brightened up my whole day with just one smile! :)

1 comment:

Will & Camie Shill said...

that is so cute deawna i have had experiences like that, sometimes it takes that to rip us out of our day and help us remember people are kind still