Our trip to Iowa was filled with lots of driving, pee breaks, and junk food. We drove out there in about 2 1/2 days, visited with my dad's family for a few days and flew back home to the heat. It was fun to see family that I don't get to see that much and see my baby cousin who is getting so big! While we were there, mom, dad, my uncle and I went to the John Deere factory and toured it. That was pretty fun and interesting. Did you know that one of the really big tractors that the farmers use has a 300+ gallon gas tank!? Neither did I!
We drove around like tourists and took pictures of us next to the really tall corn. My dad was so embarrassed he didn't want to be seen with us. Every time a truck would drive by he would moan a little! :) We also drove to the old Silver Creek church where a lot of my dad's family is buried. We saw a bunch of old farms that used to belong to the family and all the houses my dad grew up in. We also went to the fish hatchery! I personally like the Tonto Creek hatchery better, but the fish at this one were huge!
One of the days we were there, my aunt got the day off from work and we went shopping! I was in serious need for some maternity pants since my belly decided to start popping out while we were there! I got a few pairs of maternity pants (so comfortable!!), which my dad calls "fat pants" and of course, baby clothes. We went to this store called Puddle Jumpers and they had the cutest baby clothes! I bought more clothes for the baby then I did myself! Lucky little boy!
We flew back home on Thursday and Brennon drove down and picked us up. It was so hot when we got off the plane... The weather in Iowa didn't get past 73 the entire time and when we got to AZ it was 105 or something ridiculous like that... ugh. It is good to be home though, I sure do love sleeping in my own bed instead of hotel beds.
Thanks mom and dad for taking me on a trip to Iowa!!
Somewhere in Colorado
Wolf Creek Pass
Wolf Creek Pass
Mom and Dad
Little chipmunk came to see us so we gave him some cashews
Some river I tried to take a picture of but we we're driving a little fast..
There were these glass bulbs from an abandoned RR track so dad went to pick up a few for mom
Who knew Colorado was so flat...
I think this was somewhere in Kansas
Longest worm I've ever seen, it was like a foot long!
This is the truck we drove out to Iowa, we had to give it a bath before giving it to the new owners
I think this might be my favorite picture I've ever taken. I even took it while we were speeding down the road!
Silver creek where a lot of the family is buried
Margaret is my Great Grandma that just died a couple of years ago. Gerald (Jerry) is my grandpa (dad's dad)
Me and mom being tourists
Me and dad
Fishies at the hatchery
Mom at the hatchery
1 comment:
Great pictures! I really love the barn with the flag and windmill, too. The Iowa town where I was born had a John Deere plant that closed down. What a nice trip and special memories with your folks!
Post a Comment