What a relief it is to be done with school. It hasn't really hit me yet that I don't have any homework or any tests! Today I didn't wake up until 10:00! So weird that I can do that! Well, not for long, next week I start my new job. I got hired to be a counselor at Whispering Hope Ranch. I'm so excited for it. It's a summer camp, just outside of Payson that's for special needs kids and there are over 100 animals too, and they also have special needs. How amazing is that?! So I'm really excited about it! I get to do arts and crafts with the kids and take them for nature hikes and play with the animals. It's going to be a great experience. So I should be starting that in the next week or so.
Graduation was great... Long, but great. Wednesday President Obama spoke at the commencement ceremony. We had to arrive at 3 and the thing didn't even start until 7... and then lasted until around 9:30. So long and soooo hot! Good thing I had lots of water! Around 5 Alice Cooper and his son, Dash, played a few songs for everyone and then the ceremony started. IT TOOK FOREVER! They said each person's name who earned their Doctorate and Masters Degree individually! Usually they have their own ceremony so everyone doesn't have to sit through it, but since the President was there they combined all of them together.
These are some pictures mom took before graduation over at the Kierland Commons..
Friday was the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences graduation and it was a lot better. It was shorter, it was inside, and there wasn't as many people. They called every one's name individually and we got to go on stage and shake the deans hand and get our degree. It was really nice.
My friend Erin and I at the graduation on FridayIn the mix of things mom, dad, Kaycee and I went to see Jimmy Buffett on Thursday night! It was so much fun! That was my third (I think) concert of his! It's always so fun, we dress up in our grass skirts and tiki hats and have a blast! We got there are few hours early to get a good parking spot and had a tailgate party. We had hot dogs and burgers and lots of snacks! Thanks mom and dad for the ticket!
Me and Kaycee at Margaritaville before the concert!Friday after graduation, mom, dad, Brennon and I went to the Cheesecake Factory, went back to the condo, packed up a bunch of our stuff and headed for Payson. We're still in the process of moving in but it's looking more and more like a home everyday!
Then on Saturday we had a graduation party at mom and dad's house. It was a lot of fun. It was so nice to see everyone since it's been so long! Thank you everyone for coming and for the gifts! I appreciate it!
It's been a long week, but so fun and worth it! Now this week it's time to just take it easy and take all the naps I can!
4 comments:
pregnant college graduate! congrats deawna that is a big deal!
Oh my! DeAwna We are so, so happy for you! Congrats on graduation and on the new family!
Jim & Carynn
Congrats congrats on both of your exciting news. That is awesome that you are a graduate, way to go. And the pregnancy that is awesome!!
CONGRATS!!! whoop whoop!!!!
Post a Comment