Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

Wannabe Seamstress

About a week ago, my friend Nichole and I got the "Susie Homemaker bug" and felt the need to make baby blankets since we are both pregnant. We went around town searching for fabric and finally settled on Wal-Mart since it was half the price as the other place. I ended up going with the cute giraffes!

I got the giraffes for one side and a plain beige for the other. It's flannel so hopefully it'll be nice and warm for our little boy since he's coming in the winter.

I came home from the store and layed everything out like I knew what I was doing and realized I needed to figure out how to work my sewing machine before I started anything... After about an hour of tinkering with the machine and reading the manual, I got started on the blanket.

I really had no idea what I was doing, but I had fun learning, and what better way to learn than from your own mistakes?

The finished product came out a little sloppy, but what do you expect? It was my first time! Now I know what to do different next time!

4 comments:

Lara said...

You are too cute! I like sewing but I always have to get my grandma to thread the machine for me because I forget how to from one project to the next!

William and Marianne said...

im a wannabe too =) LOL

Quinn and Anjuli said...

I have no sewing skills whatsoever - your blanket looks like it turned out really well though!

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is perfect ... love the giraffes! That baby is already lucky to have a crafty mommy!!!